Saturday, March 21, 2009

ALL THOSE “EVEN THOUGHS”

I just thought I would share one of our favorite poems.

It is from a book titled "For My Darling" by George E. Young.

When Lori and I first started to date I would travel 1-2 weekends a month for work. On one of my many travels I was looking for a gift to get Lori. At the time our relationship was still fairly young as we had known each other for less than a year. I was not sure what to get her but I did know that I wanted to impress her and that she liked poetry. So I found myself looking through some poetry books with little to no idea of what I was looking for. About the 10th book I picked up open right up to this poem (on page 8). As I read the poem it was clear to me that this was the gift for Lori. Anybody who knows us personally will know that this poem speaks volumes about our relationship.

ALL THOSE “EVEN THOUGHS”

Even though you do it this way
And I would do it like that.
Even though you swear it’s round
When I know durn well it’s flat.

Even though you enjoy some thing
That seem a bore to me
Even though your logic, my dear,
I often fail to see.

Even though some thing you do
I don’t understand at all.
And even though a few things seem
To drive me up the wall.

You are you and I love you.
In fact, I do suppose,
Among the things I love the most
Are all those even thoughs.

No comments: