Wednesday, May 13, 2009

First Dance Song

Lori and I are having trouble deciding on a first dance song. We both would like to select a song that has meaning to both of us as well as a song we would both listen to more than just on our wedding night. The most difficult part of this is we each prefer a different style of music, I am more of a Classic Rock/Hard Rock/Alternative Rock person while Lori is more into Pop and R&B music but does venture into a very wide variety of music including Rock.

The songs listed below are songs that one or the other of us have brought to the table but absolutely nothing has been decided (nor will I post what we decide until after the wedding, sorry). To tell the truth just about any song is on the table (except those in the 2nd list), we have not even narrowed it down to the songs in the first list but we would be interested in any comments or suggestions you may have. One small request if you do comment on a song listed below please take a moment to listen to the version we linked to as I am sure at least one of them will surprise you (I have not included a link to the Bette Midler song as we could not find a good recording of it).


Being Considered
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Celine Dion – Have you ever been in love
Goo Goo Dolls - Better Days
Metallica (S&M) – Nothing Else Matters
Whitney Houston – If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful
Whitney Houston – I believe in you and me
Grease - You’re the one that I want (God help me, LOL)
Bette Midler – Night and Day



Songs ruled out
FireHouse - Love of a Lifetime
Alison Krauss - When You Say Nothing at All
Bryan Adams – Everything I do
Aerosmith - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

3 comments:

Wendy said...

"Finally It's Happened To Me..."

:)

You know I love you guys, right?

Wendy

Marylou said...

My first choice would be: Whitney Houston – If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful

My second choice would be: Whitney Houston – I believe in you and me

No matter what song you choose I am sure it will be perfect for the two of you and you will look great dancing to it.

Hugs
Marylou

Unknown said...

Bring back the BLOG !!!